I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti has said that he will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in the state
When asked if he will cut the cost of governance during Channels Television, Politics Today, he said, “Absolutely, I have time and time again, spoken out about cost of governance being a major problem in the country and it applies to the federal government as well as it applies to state governments and all the way to local governments.
“I believe that my presidential candidate [Peter Obi] did very well in Anambra because he reined in cost of governance and it’s the same kind of model that we are going to run in Abia.
“There is only so many jobs you can create in the public sector. When you are appointing 12,000 personal assistants and special assistants,who basically don’t have an office but collect money at the end of the month, you’re just creating a problem for yourself.
“So, we are going to run a very lean government, we are going to cut our cloth according to our size, we believe that it is the private sector that should be supported to create jobs.
“Whatever it takes to support the private sector, we will do exactly that.
“We are not going to run a bogus government, we are not going to get ourselves involved in very high cost of travels.”
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Peace Mass Transit says bus fares will not be increased despite fuel price
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa
- Iyabo Ojo slammed with ₦18M tax by Lagos Govt, she reacts
- Oluremi Tinubu steps into First Lady’s office
- Increase workers minimum wage to N200,000 – TUC tells FG