Women across Ilorin Emirate have received empowerment/support from the Ilorin Emirate Youth Development Association (IEYDA) in a bid to make lives more bearable for them.
Checks revealed that group distributed cash donation ranging from N40,000, N30,000, N20,000 and N10,000 respectively to beneficiaries in addition to the food intervention programme held about two weeks ago.
According to ROYAL NEWS report, over 121 Widows/Aged/Petty Traders across the five (5) Local Government Areas; Ilorin West, Ilorin East, Ilorin South, Asa and Moro benefitted from the gesture. The amount distributed on Wednesday worth over N5million and still counting.
Speaking at the event, the National President of the Association, Alh. Abdullahi Babatunde Salaudeen and the National Publicity Secretary, Alh. Mohammed Uthman Jagunma, said the annual programme is aimed at assisting Widows/Aged/Petty Traders who must have eaten deep into their capital during the month of Ramadan, as a support towards reinvesting into their small scale businesses after Ramadan.
Facebook Comments Box
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List