The member representing Orsu state constituency in Imo House of Assembly, Ekene Freedolin Nnodimele, has confirmed the beheading of his security man by unidentified hoodlums a few days ago.
Nnodimele, said that the arsonists set his ancestral home on fire and beheaded his security man.
He said, “it was a very shocking news to me. I least expected it because I know that my constituents are not violent people. I don’t think I have any issue with my constituents.
“My aged parents were in the house when the incident occurred. They were shocked to the bone marrow.
“Taking of peoples lives is alien to Orsu people. This is unbelievable. I think it’s the handiwork of foreign mercenaries. So I leave everything to God.
Hoodlums set houses of former Imo Attorney General, lawmaker on fire
“Our security agents should extend their architecture to the rural areas.
“It’s unfortunate that our local government (Orsu LGA) has suddenly become a crisis-ridden area in recent times.
“In a couple of months, many lives have been lost and property, worth millions of Naira destroyed. This is unacceptable. The security agents should step up action to nip the problem in the bud,” he lamented.
Earlier report has it that the hoodlums also razed the house of the immediate past Commissioner for Justice and Attorney General of Imo State, Barr. C.O. C Akaolisa, who also hails from the same Awo-Idemili community with the lawmaker.
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC