The federal government has been advised to adopt policy that will pave way for the admission and training of youths in the areas of science and technology in higher institutions across the nation.
The Group Managing Director/CEO of KAM Holding Ltd. Dr. Kamoru Yusuf, stated this at a public presentation of a book titled: “The Eradication Of Dracunculiasis (Guinea Worm Disease) In Nigeria: An Eye Witness Account”, authored by the former Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic) at the University of Ilorin, Professor Luke Ekundayo Edungbola on Wednesday.
The event which was held at the main auditorium of the University of Ilorin, was attended by academicians, captains of industries, Kwara State Governor, Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq who was represented by his deputy, Otunba Kayode Alabi as well as the representative of the former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon (rtd).
The foremost industrialist noted that such policy when adopted, will further encourage research and transfer of technology from expatrites to indigenous operators stressing that, “We are only black in colour and not black in our brains.”
Dr. Yusuf who described the varsity don as ‘Parecetamol’ that has cured many souls over the years, commended the author for his unprecedented interventions in the fight against Guinea Worm in Nigeria stressing that, “the world will continue to celebrate your good works.”
He however advised Nigerians youths to develop interest in putting in their best towards the growth and development of the nation even as he charged professors in universities to emulate the good works of Professor Luke Edungbola on humanity.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate