The Independent National Electoral Commission’s (INEC), Edo office, on Thursday confirmed the updated version of the list of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidates vying for state and National Assembly elections in Edo.
Mr Timidi Wariowei, Head, Voter Education and Publicity, confirmed the updated version of the list in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria NAN in Benin.
Wariowei said the office was, however, yet to receive the hard copy of the updated list to paste on their notice board.
He said: “There is an amended version of the list of PDP candidates vying for state and National Assembly elections in Edo on INEC website, strictly based on court order.
The News Agency of Nigeria NAN reports that there has been controversies following the emergence of different lists of candidates produced from parallel primary elections conducted by the party in the state.
INEC had earlier published the list of candidates for the state and National Assembly elections in the state but now updated it.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy