INEC ready for Saturday’s re-run election in Zamfara – REC
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), says it has distributed materials for Saturday’s re-run election in six local government areas of Zamfara.
The Residents Electoral Commissioner, Prof. Saidu Ahmad made the disclosure at a stakeholders meeting on Thursday in Gusau.
He said the election was for Zamfara Central Senatorial District and two House of Representatives seats for
Gusau/Tsafe and Gummi/Bukkuyum Federal Constituencies.
Ahmad said the Senatorial election will hold in Gusau, Maru, Bungudu, Gummi, Tsafe and Bukkuyum local government areas.
The REC said the election will be conducted in 90 polling units in 24 registration areas of the six local government areas.
He added that the 90 polling units have a total of 95,332 registered voters, out of which 90, 900 collected their Permanent Voters Card.
Ahmad appealed to politicians and the media to encourage the electorate to turnout and cast their votes on time, so that the process can be concluded at the right time.
The REC said that security agencies had assured the commission that they would provide the necessary security for voters to exercise their franchise peacefully.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje