INEC set to issue Certificate of Return to govs, deputy govs-elect
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says Certificate of Return will be issued to governors-elect and their deputies of the 2023 general election this week Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
This was contained in a statement by Mr. Festus Okoye, INEC National Commissioner for Voter Education.
The Commission met today, Saturday 25th March 2023 and deliberated on a wide range of issues including the issuance of Certificates of Return to those elected during the Governorship and State Houses of Assembly elections conducted by the Commission on 18 March 2023.
By the provisions of Section 72(1) of the Electoral Act 2022, the Commission is mandated to issue a certificate of return within 14 days to every candidate who has been returned elected under the law.
Pursuant to the above provision, the Commission has fixed Wednesday 29th, Thursday 30th and Friday 31st March 2023 for the issuance of certificates of return to Governors and Deputy Governors-elect as well as State Assembly members-elect.
The presentation will take place in INEC offices in each State of the Federation. Specific dates for the issuance of the certificates shall be communicated to those elected by the Resident Electoral Commissioners and Administrative Secretaries of the various States.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu swears in Akume as SGF
- Why we didn’t embark on strike over subsidy removal– NLC
- No-Man’s Land: Lagos to make laws toprotect indigenes
- Peace Mass Transit says bus fares will not be increased despite fuel price
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa