INEC suspends Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa
The Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) has barred embattled Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Hudu Yunusa, from its Adamawa State office.
In a letter dated April 17, 2023 and addressed to the Adamawa State REC, the commission’s secretary, Rose Oriaran-Anthony directed the administrative secretary to take full charge.
The letter seen by SaharaReporters on Monday reads in parts, “I hereby convey the commission’s decision that you (Barr Hudu Yunusa Ari) Resident Electoral Commissioner, Adamawa State should stay away from the commission’s office in Adamawa State immediately until further notice.
“The Administrative Secretary has been directed to take full charge of INEC, Adamawa State with immediate effect.”
The REC, facing huge bribery allegation, controversially declared Aishatu Dahiru Binani, the candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC), the winner of Adamawa state governorship election while results collation process was not completed.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari