INEC’s Yakubu nominated by Tinubu camp, worked with Wike– Amaechi
Former Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Wike has described elections conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission under the leadership of Prof. Mahmood Yakubu as “completely hopeless”.
Addressing journalists on Saturday during the governorship and State Assembly elections, Amaechi said he was one of those who kicked against Yakubu’s reappointment.
He said the person who nominated Yakubu for INEC appointment is a member of Bola Tinubu’s camp. Tinubu was declared as the winner of the presidential election held on February 25 by INEC, but the victory has been a subject of litigation.
Amaechi said, “I have spoken to everybody concerned on this issue before the election. There are those of us who opposed the reappointment of Mahmood.
“The person who nominated him for appointment is a member of Tinubu’s camp. So what were you expecting – success?
“Here in Rivers State, Mahmood worked under (Governor Nyesom) Wike as Executive Secretary of TETFUND so what you see here in Rivers state is that APC, SDP and the rest are contesting election not against PDP – against INEC, against police.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Release arrested Eze Igbo immediately – Igbo Youths to DSS
- Obiajulu Uja: Lawyer claims man arrested mentally challenged
- I can marry man above 60 – Linda John
- WAEC releases 2023 results
- DSS, police arrest Eze Igbo who threatened to invite IPOB to Lagos
- Fayose threatens to sue PDP for suspending him, demands apology
- APC suspends NDDC Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie
- Lagos Govt to repair Third Mainland Bridge on Sunday
- APC group disowns former D-G
- APC optimistic of victory in Sokoto supplementary poll