Inferno destroys valuables at Ooni’s palace in Ile-Ife
Fire outbreak on Friday night wrecked havoc at a building located within the premises of Ile Oodua Palace of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the inferno destroyed valuables and razed down the building completely.
According to a source at Enuwa, Ile-Ife, where the palace is located, the incident happened around 11:30 pm Friday.
It was also learnt that when the smoke was noticed, the entire premises was thrown into panic, as those within the vicinity rallied efforts to prevent the fire from spreading to other parts of the palace.
A statement by the monarch’s spokesperson, Moses Olafare, obtained in Osogbo on Saturday, said no casualty, no loss of any cultural item or injury was recorded in the inferno and blamed the incident on a power surge.
It further read in parts, “A building apartment within the courtyard of the Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife was at about 11:30 pm yesterday engulfed in flames of fire incident triggered by a power surge which exploded through electrical appliances in the affected apartment.
“The inferno did not spread beyond the affected building located at a section of the palace premises, as it was swiftly put off through the combined efforts of the Government Fire Service, OAU Fire Service & Palace Emergency Control Unit.
“No casualties, no injuries recorded, no cultural items lost,” Olafare said.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari