No fewer than seven kidnapped victims who escaped their captors, near Tsohon Gayan Village in Kachia Local Government Area of the state have been rescued by the Kaduna Police Command.
Jalige said that on May 25, at about 9:30 a.m., operatives of the command encountered seven females, all indigenes of Mai Goro village, Kachia Local Government Area (LGA), wandering helplessly around the bush after Tsohon Gayan village.
“They were immediately evacuated and rescued to Toll Gate Divisional Police Headquarters,’’ he said.
The command’s public relations officer further said that preliminary investigation revealed that on May, 22, at about noon, the villagers were allegedly abducted by suspected bandits to an unknown destination.
He said that when debriefed, the victims claimed to have escaped from captivity while the bandits on sentry were asleep.
Jalige said that all the rescued persons were stable, but weak, adding that after being profiled, they were taken to hospital for immediate medical attention.
“Efforts are ongoing to establish contacts with their relations for proper handing over,’’ the command’s spokesman said.
He urged members of the public to always be vigilant and report suspicious persons or objects in their environment to security agencies. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ