…..AS CHADIAN AMBASSADOR APPEALS TO FG TO OPEN NIGERIA – CHAD BORDER
The Minister of Defence, Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has ordered the troops at various locations to embark on a more aggressive kinetic action against the criminal elements threatening national peace and security.
The Minister of defence gave the charge when the Chadian Ambassador to Nigeria Abakar Saleh Chachaimi visit him in office in Abuja.
In a statement by Mohammad Abdulkadri, the Special Assistant to the Minister of Defence on Media and Publicity, General Magashi told the Chadian Ambassador that now is the time and year for aggressive and collective resolve by the two Countries to stop cross border crimes fueling the activities of Boko Haram Terrorists and ISWAP.
“It is time for a more decisive and aggressive effort in ending insurgency and terrorism. “
He said, it is through effective synergy, strategy and sincerity of purpose among the four- member nations of the Lake Chad Basin Commission that the asymmetric war against the insurgents can be concluded this year.The Minister appreciated the fact that the Operational Headquarters of the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) headed by Maj General I M Yusuf is in Njamaena but call on the troops contributing nations to show more commitment to neutralise the insurgents.
He assured the Chadian Ambassador that the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari is committed to empowering the troops to be on top of their firing powers to decisively deal with the insurgents and their cohorts.
In his remarks, the Chadian Ambassador Abakar Saleh Chachaimi pledged on behalf of the Chadian President, Idriss Deby of the readiness and willingness of his Country to cooperate with Nigeria to do the needful to end cross- border trafficking of weapons and to make chad inhabitable for the insurgents..
Ambassador Chachaimi appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari through the defence Minister on behalf of President Deby to open Nigeria- Chad border since the Chadian economic lifelines are dependent on Nigeria.
He assured the Minister of his cooperation towards strengthening Military bilateral arrangements and agreements with Nigeria .
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank