Salih’s comments came during his meeting with British Defence Senior Advisor Sir John Lorimer and British Ambassador to Iraq Stephen Hickey in the presidential palace in Baghdad, a statement by the media office of the Presidency said.
“The war against terrorism continues and there is a need for international cooperation to continue the war on terrorist organisations as a cross-border threat that threatening all countries,” the statement quoted Salih as saying.
Barham said that some of the extremist Islamic State (IS) militants seek from time to time to threaten the security and stability of citizens in some Iraqi towns.
But the Iraqi security forces, in coordination with the anti-IS international coalition, continue to track the terrorists to prevent them from achieving their goals, according to the statement.
The president also stressed the importance of reducing the regional tension to prevent extremist terrorist organisations from exploiting crises to achieve their goals of threatening societal peace and security, the statement said.
For his part, Lorimer affirmed the importance of cooperation to combat terrorism, as well as his country’s commitment to supporting the Iraqi security forces in training and arming to achieve security and stability in Iraq, it added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal