Award-winning songwriter and filmmaker made this known through a series of posts on his verified Instagram handle and corroborated his announcement with an interview with an Islamic online platform, Muslims News, on Thursday.
JJC Skills said he was originally born into an Islamic family but he never practised it as he chose to follow the faith of his mummy, adding, “I was lost but now I’m found O Allah, I ask You for Your pardon and well-being in this life and the next.
“O Allah, veil my weaknesses and set at ease my dismay, and preserve me from the front and behind and on my right and my left and from above, and I take refuge with You lest I be swallowed up by the earth.”
Speaking to Muslims News, the musician said it was a design of God that he would finally embrace Islam.
“I was born a Muslim – AbdurRasheed by name. My dad, Bello is a Muslim but my mum is a Christian. Back then I used to go Islamiyah but all I remembered about it was getting beaten. They used to scare us with hellfire so, I never practised.
“It’s God’s design that I will return to Islam. I thank Allah for sparing my life.
“I am so happy I found Islam again because it has given me peace. It has given me direction and focus. I was truly lost but now, I am found,” he maintained.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,0000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud