The Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Kano on Wednesday upheld the victory of the Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje.
The tribunal declared that the petition of the main opposition, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and its candidate, Abba Yusuf, challenging the victory of All Progressives Congress(APC) lacked merit.
The chairman of the three-member panel, justice Halima shamaki, in a judgement read for over 3 hours at High Court , in miller road, Kano, dismissed the PDP’s petition seeking the nullification of Ganduje’s victory in March 9 governorship election
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory