AUTHORITY of the National Hajj Commission, (NAHCON) has announced the distribution of the 2022 Hajj slots across states of the federation.
ROYAL NEWS reports that NAHCON Chairman, Barr Zikrullah Hassan, stated this during hajj operational meeting with Chief Executives of States Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Boards.
Zikrullah said Saudi Arabia allocated a total number of 43,008 quotas to Nigeria. The distribution of Hajj seat followed the approval of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to host one million pilgrims in this year hajj.
Allocation to other states are as follows:
NAHCON adopted the 2019 state performance database to arrive at number of pilgrims’ distribution to each state.
For example in 2019, Niger state was allocated 3946 seats but was able to airlifted 3280 pilgrims representing 7.3 percent. Consequently, Niger was allocated 2256 representing the same percent for 2022 hajj.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES