Kaduna State House of Assembly has re-elected the former Speaker, Aminu Abdullahi Shagali, of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as its Speaker.
The 39 year-old lawmaker, who was re-elected on Thursday, represents Sabon Gari state constituency and has been Speaker of the fifth state assembly from 2015 to 2019.
Shagali is expected to lead the sixth Assembly for another four-year term. Also, a former Chief Whip of the state assembly, Yusuf Zailani (APC), who represents Igabi West state constituency, was equally elected as Deputy Speaker.
Daily Trust gathered that the emergence of the Speaker didn’t come to many as a surprised particularly APC members in the state as he has always being the choice of Governor Nasir El-Rufai.
The governor had earlier made case for the Speaker who he described as most dedicated loyal and committed lawmaker that supported his administration in delivering good governance in the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections