Senator representing Kano Central Senatorial District, Ibrahim Shekarau, has resigned his membership of the All Progressives Congress and joined the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP).
The lawmaker in a defection letter read during plenary by the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, informed the chamber that his decision to quit the ruling party was due to marginalization and lack of internal democracy in the Kano Chapter of the APC.
The full text of the letter reads, “I kindly write to formally notify you of my resignation from the All Progressives Congress (APC), and declaration for the New Nigerian People’s Party (NNPP).
“My resignation from the APC was born out of the marginalization of all major critical stakeholders, and lack of internal democracy, in the Kano State chapter of the APC, plus the total absence of the principle of inclusiveness in the affairs of the Party and its Government at all levels in the State.
“All efforts to resolve the long protracted crisis in the State, in the last two years, including the involvement of the national Headquarters of the APC, failed due to the non-cooperation of the Kano State Governor and party leadership in the State.
“Consequently, after due consultation with like-minds and millions of our supporters in the State, we decided to withdraw our membership of the APC and moved to the New Nigeria People’s Party.
“Accept, please, my fraternal goodwill and continued cooperation at all
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Cameroon seeks AIB-N support on aircraft accident investigation
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting
- Soludo suspends LG chairman over wife’s death