The Kano State Government has donated an office building to the Kano/Jigawa branch of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN).
The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Abba Anwar, disclosed this on Tuesday in a statement issued in Kano.
Anwar said that Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje, while inaugurating the building on Zaria Road, restated his administration’s commitment to providing an enabling environment for businesses to thrive.
According to the statement, Ganduje assured MAN that the state government is doing its best to rid the two major obstacles militating against business opearations, water scarcity and electricity outages.
“The governor says that the peaceful nature of the state has attracted many people to settle and engage in lawful businesses,” the statement said.
Earlier, the National President of MAN, Alhaji Mansur Ahmad, praised the governor for providing the association with a befitting office accommodation.
“Since 1972, this is the first time we are coming into our own edifice as our permanent secretariat in Kano and Jigawa.
“You have given us significant support for businesses to thrive,’’ Ahmad said.
He also commended the governor for his effort in pushing for friendly policies at the federal level, for the healthy survival of the private sector.
Ahmad urged the private sector to work hard and to collaborate with states to boost their economies.
At the event, MAN decorated the governor with an Award of Excellence, for his unrelenting effort in supporting the private sector.
Others who were specially recognised on the occasion included the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, Makaman Bichi, Isyaku Umar Tofa and the President of MAN, Ahmad.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal