Kidnappers’ informant commits suicide in Abuja
A suspected informant of kidnappers, whose identity is yet to be known, has committed suicide in Kuje Area Council of Abuja.
It was also learnt that one other suspected kidnapper’s informant was arrested by the officers of the anti-kidnapping unit of the FCT police command.
City & Crime had reported that kidnappers on Sunday night invaded neighbouring Kasada village, a few kilometres away from Gaube, killing a man, Musa Abari, and abducting his pregnant wife, Huraira, along with five other villagers.
Confirming the suicide incident and the arrest to City & Crime on Tuesday, a member of the vigilante group in Gaube, said one of the informants was arrested at a football viewing centre in Gaube.
He said the deceased suspect, who upon sighting the anti-kidnap officers, and with no chance to escape, pulled out a knife from his body and stabbed himself in the stomach.
He said the officers later moved the suspect’s corpse into their pickup van and deposited it at Kuje General Hospital mortuary, while the other suspect was moved to the FCT police command.
City & Crime reliably gathered that the man, who was reportedly killed by kidnappers while trying to save his wife, was a school teacher at the Local Education Authority (LEA) Primary School, Gaube.
Our reporter also learnt that the late teacher owned a football viewing centre in Gaube, where two of the kidnappers’ informants usually went to watch football matches.
There was no official response from the spokeswoman of the FCT police command, DSP Adeh Josephine, over the arrest of the suspects as at the time of filing the report.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari