The Assembly made the resolution following a Matter of General Public Importance raised by the House Leader, Hon. Hassan Oyeleke, entitled: “Creation of avenue for rewarding outstanding students and attention for extremely poor students in the State”.
The Deputy Speaker, Elder Matthew Okedare, who presided over the plenary would noted that the act will restore the glory of rewarding excellent performance in the State, thereby inspiring others to excel in their academic pursuit and their chosen careers.
The House equally enjoined the state government to design welfare
programmes in the educational institutions in the State that would
assist indigent students to realize their potentials .
ROYAL NEWS learnt that Hon. Oyeleke had while raising the motion highlighted the need for the State Government to design policy of giving special privileges like scholarship, automatic employment for exceptional students in Primary, Secondary and Post Secondary Institutions to serve as encouragement and inspire others to excel in their academic pursuit.
Indigent Students according to him equally deserved attention of the
State Government to make them realize their potentials, and redress their psychological problem, stressing that failure to do this could make the affected students become nucleus of societal ills.
Other members who spoke on the notion emphasized the need for the State Government to revive the culture of encouraging excellence as well as affluent individuals to assist indigent Students in realizing their educational objectives.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92