The Kwara Commissioner for Youth Development, Mrs Harriet Oshatimehin has described the creation of the ministry as a major stride that could lead to the advancement of the state, particularly the development of the youth.
Oshatimehin stated this at an inaugural general meeting held in the ministry’s conference Hall with members of staff on Tuesday, in Ilorin.
The Commissioner said that although the creation was sequel to the recent compartmentalisation of the erstwhile Ministry of Sports and Youth Development, the development was an innovation strategy by Governor AbdulRahaman AbdulRazaq to aggressively open opportunities for the youth in the state.
Oshatimehin, who had earlier met with the heads of various departments on her assumption of office, thanked the state Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, for deeming it fit to have a Ministry with a specific mandate for Youth development.
The meeting, the first ever in the history of the Ministry, was organized with a view to allow members of staff familiarize with the new Commissioner, as well as provide them the opportunity to air their views on the challenges faced by their various departments.
The commissioner noted that the task of developing the Youth, the core mandate of the Ministry, amongst other things, was a huge one that can only be achieved when everyone comes together as a team.
She implored the staff, as well as heads of various departments, to work assiduously to achieve the goal of the governor of making Kwara state greater.
The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Barr Iyabo Banire, who had earlier introduced the Commissioner to the staff, thanked her for creating the opportunity for everyone to bare their minds.
Banire enjoined the staff to show the Commissioner the respect and cooperation she deserves as the head of the Ministry, as this was the only way to ensure the smooth running of its affairs.
The permanent secretary also thanked Gov. AbdulRazaq for gifting the Ministry such a vibrant and capable commissioner whose hard work and good reputation had preceded her.
In his own remarks, Mr. Shuaib Abdulganiy, the newly deployed Director, Finance and Supply, emphasized the need for collaborative efforts towards the success of the Ministry, while soliciting the support and cooperation of the staff.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- JUST IN….. Buhari signs amended electoral bill into law
- FRSC warns motorists against impatience on Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway
- Monkeypox infection outbreak in UK, Germany, others
- 2023: Amaechi arrives Kwara, visits Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Defence Minister salutes Nigerian Airforce at 58 (PHOTOS)
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC