Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has described as shocking and saddening the death of 27-year-old Yusuf Mubaarak under hazy circumstances that he said must be investigated by security agencies.
Mubaarak, a new media personality who hails from Ilorin, went missing on Wednesday night but his remains were eventually found around Unity area of the state capital. He was buried on Saturday evening in Ilorin amid tears by friends, associates and acquaintances.
This is contained in a statement issued by Rafiu Ajakaye, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor on Saturday.
The Governor sends his heartfelt condolences to the family of Mubaarak, his friends, and all the youth constituencies in the state.
The Governor, himself a father, strongly condemns the cowardly violence meted to the lad and demands immediate and thorough investigation into the death of the promising chap to arrest and bring his assailants to justice.
“No resources should be spared to get justice for Mubaarak and his family. We charge the security agencies to cast their nets as widely as possible to answer all pending questions around his painful death,” according to a Government House statement on Saturday night.
The Governor prays Allah to grant Mubaarak Al-Jannah Firdaus and comfort his family and everyone who mourns the promising lad.
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin