Kwara State Road Maintenance Agency (KWARMA) has begun massive rehabilitation of 10 roads across Ilorin, the state capital, including the long-neglected Offa Garage Roundabout Road.
This followed the release of N20m by Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq for immediate rehabilitation of roads that are in bad state and needed urgent fixing in the capital city.
Engineer Usman Baba Jibril, general manager of KWARMA, said it has already started massive rehabilitation works on the Offa Garage and Geri Alimi-Asa Dam roads.
He said the agency has the mandate to quickly fix the roads to end the nightmares of the people.
“We have started work immediately based on the fund the Governor has just released to KWARMA and Kwara State Asphalt Plant,” Jibril said.
He listed other roads to be covered “under Phase 1” to include Isale Aluko-Kokorokan-Ita Kudimoh Road; Adeta-Al-Hikmah road; Olorunshogo-Geri Alimi road; Kaduna Road, Adewole; Osere-Cemetry road; General Hospital- Geri Alimi; Offa Garage Geri Alimi Road; and Sani Okin Road.
Jibril said they have a mandate to complete the rehabilitation within the next seven days, with the phase two of the works likely to begin very soon.
AbdulRazaq had said last week that he would embark on rehabilitation of roads within the metropolis and other parts of the state in phases.
He lamented the poor state of the roads across the state, adding that the government would collaborae with the Federal Government and private sectors on some of the roads, especially federal roads.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74