Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has described as shocking and painful the death of Commissioner II at the Civil Service Commission Mrs Dorcas Afeniforo.
Mrs Afeniforo, a former commissioner for Women Affairs and top loyalist of the Governor, died in an auto crash on Saturday while returning from a trip to Lagos, ROYAL NEWS reports.
“The development is shocking and painful. It is a huge loss to the progressive family in the state. Mrs Afeniforo will always be remembered for her fine legacies as a foremost women development advocate and her contributions to the development of the state,” Governor said in a statement.
“We commiserate with the family of Mrs Afeniforo and to the good people of Baruten and Kwara North whom she represented at the CSC until her death. We pray to God to grant comfort to the family she left behind.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents