Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
The Kwara Government has engaged 200 new social workers to improve waste management and public hygiene in Ilorin metropolis.
This is contained in a statement issued in Ilorin by Mr Yakub Aliagan, the Press Secretary in the Ministry of Environment.
Aliagan said that Mrs Remilekun Banigbe, the state Commissioner for Environment, had said that the new development would improve the reorganisation of the system for efficient management of waste in the tsta e capital.
Banigbe also said the newly engaged social workers would replace the Social Waste Contractors from Inter Project Nigeria Limited and Prime Scape Nigeria Limited, whose contracts had just ended.
She also said that the social waste contractors were engaged to complement government efforts in maintaining a clean and hygienic environment.
“The contractors will evacuate waste and keep the roads within Ilorin metropolis clean, because the government has decided to double down on these efforts by redesigning the scheme for better results,” she said.
The commissioner however revealed that the recruitment by Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq included absorbing the operatives from the former Social Waste Contractors for the continuation of their duties and to prevent hardship.
She said the newly employed sweepers would be assigned to various roads within Ilorin metropolis to complement the existing local government Eco-Cleaners within the Central region of the state.
She reiterated the commitment of the administration to continue to promote a hygienic and conducive environment that would foster good living for its citizens.
She also charged the people of the state to take full ownership and responsibility of their surroundings, saying that improper disposal of refuse is a major cause of epidemic outbreak.
Banigbe further encouraged residents of the state to imbibe a positive waste disposal culture towards a cleaner Kwara.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG