Kwara Govt renews commitment to educational reforms
The Kwara Government on Thursday renewed its committed to ensuring that the quality and standard of education in the state were maintained, with a view to leaving a lasting legacy.
Hajia Sa’adatu Modibbo-Kawu, the Commissioner for Education and Human Capital Development, said this in Ilorin while receiving Mr Martin Akhanemeh, Branch Comptroller, West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), on a courtesy visit.
Modibbo-Kawu said that the current move by the present administration was necessitated by determination to change all forms of factors that may likely hinder the external examination in the state.
She charged teachers and principals in the state to be alive to their responsibilities at all times especially during external examinations.
She added that the government would not allow anyone dent the image built by the present administration on education reforms agenda, irrespective of the individual’s connection.
She said that the government would not hesitate to bring any erring teacher to book.
Akhanemeh had earlier solicited for the ministry’s cooperation for a hitch-free exercise in the 2023 WASSCE.
He lauded the state government on its developmental programmes in the education sector, noting that what was witnessed during the 2022 external examination was far better, compared to previous examinations.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG
- Ekweremadu, wife, doctor found guilty of organ trafficking