The federal government has been urged to support Kwara State government with palliatives materials to cushion the effects of the total lockdown imposed in the state.
The leadership of the Ilorin Emirate Youth Development Association (IEYDA) led by its National President, Abdullahi Babatunde Salaudeen, on Friday expressed fear that the people of the state may face unbearable hardship from the total lockdown order.
He stated this during the distribution of multimillion Naira food items to the less privileged stressing that, The gesture is third phase of our food intervention programme since the outbreak of corona-virus pandemic in Nigeria.
Salaudeen said: “Although, there had been lockdown in some other states of the federation but the case of Kwara State is so special owing to our peculiarities as a core civil servant society with larger percentage of people who depend solely on daily paid occupations for survival.
“Federal government’s interventions will go a long way in complimenting the efforts of Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq as well as donations from philanthropists and associations in state. This is a hard time of COVID-19 pandemic across the state.
“The Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control shouldn come to the aid of the Kwara State government in providing palliatives to alleviate the sufferings of the people during this period of total lockdown in the state.”
The group however commended Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq for the measures put in place to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the state urging him not to relent in his efforts at this crucial period.
He therefore urged Kwarans to support the government by heeding to directives of constituted authorities towards preventing the spread of the disease in the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption