The Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Hon. Yakubu Danladi-Salihu, has commiserated with the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, over the death of his aunt, Hajia Amina Iyakobi Abdulkadir-Muhammad.
In his condolence message, the Speaker described the death of the nanogenarian as a great loss to the Emir, Abdulkadir-Muhammad family and the entire Ilorin Emirate stressing that her demise would be greatly missed.
He said: “Indeed from Allah we come and unto Him we shall return, my condolences to the Emir of Ilorin, Dr Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR over the death of Hajia Amina Iyakobi who has just passed on to join her sister, Hajia Aishat Nma Sulu-Gambari, may Allah bless them”
He also identified with a former Grand Kadi, Kwara State Shariah Court of Appeals, Hon. Justice Salihu Muhammad (rtd) and other children of the deceased.
“The Speaker is however, consoled that Hajia Amina Iyakobi lived a worthy life, died as a true muslim and leave good children behind”, the statement added.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes