The closure is to allow the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency recover the waste disposal truck that fell off the bridge into the Lagoon on Tuesday.
The agency, in a statement on Friday, October 21, explained that the road closure and traffic diversion would only affect motorists moving from Lagos Island to connect the mainland through Iyana Oworonshoki.
It will not affect motorists moving from the mainland to Lagos Island.
Motorists coming from Victoria Island/Ikoyi/ Lagos Island are advised to make use of the Carter Bridge and connect to “Ijora Olopa (by LAWMA Headquarters) to Eko Bridge to Funsho Williams Avenue (old Western Avenue) to Dorman-Long Bridge to Ikorodu Road through Fadeyi and connect the desired destination, or Carter Bridge to Iddo to Oyingbo to Herbert Macaulay Way to Jibowu to Ikorodu Road and connect the desired destination”.
“From Victoria Island/ Ikoyi/ Lagos Island to Mainland (Ebute-Mette), use Adekunle interchange to Herbert Macaulay Way to connect the desired destination,” the statement added.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG