Lagos officially launches Electric Mass Transit Buses
The Lagos State Government through the Lagos Bus Service Limited (LBSL) has officially launched the revolutionary proof-of-concept phase of the Electric Vehicle (EV) mass transit buses for passenger operations in the State.
According to the Lagos State Government, each of these electric buses has the ability to travel 280km at full charge, which far exceeds an average daily usage of 200-kilometers from existing diesel-powered BRTs.
Taken to his Instagram page on Sunday to share pictures of the Electric buses, Sanwo-Olu also revealed that the State Government shall be running a pilot scheme over the next few months.
“I am excited to announce the first set of electric buses in the Lagos Mass transit master plan as part of our increased effort to modernise every sector of Lagos. Thanks to our partnership with @Oando_PLC, Lagosians can expect a cleaner and greener public transportation system.”
“With the ability to travel 280km at full charge, taking into account our unique travel times in Lagos, our electric buses are a game-changer. With an average daily usage of 200km by existing BRTs, there is no need to fear that the buses can stop on the road.”
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu swears in Akume as SGF
- Why we didn’t embark on strike over subsidy removal– NLC
- No-Man’s Land: Lagos to make laws toprotect indigenes
- Peace Mass Transit says bus fares will not be increased despite fuel price
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa