Popular United Kingdom-based Nigerian gay and LGBT rights activist, Bisi Alimi, has married his British lover, Anthony.
The two lovers, who have been dating for some years, got married on Saturday in England.
Alimi, who expressed his excitement on social media, said, “In the presence of friends and family from around the world, Anthony and I will say ‘I Do’. But we remember places in the world where love is (a) crime.”
The rights activist posted the message on his Twitter handle on Saturday, displaying a picture of him and Anthony.
“Congratulations to @bisialimi, gay rights activist, public speaker, blog writer & HIV/LGBT advocate, on his marriage to Anthony! #LoveWins,” one Kevin Maxwell wrote in reply to Alimi’s tweet.
Prior to the wedding, Alimi had also shared pictures of his ‘Bachelors’ party’ on social media.
“When your wife has arrived for your wedding, then you know the party is about to start. Bring it on,” he wrote on his Facebook post on Friday.
In Nigeria, a law against same-sex relationship/marriage stipulates a 14-year jail term for offenders.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo