Killer of Hanifs Abubakar, a five year old student of a private school in Kano, Abdulmalik Tanko, was on Monday arraigned before a Magistrate Court sitting in Kano.
It was gathered that police arraigned Abdulmalik Tanko, Hashim Issyaku and Fatima Musa before Chief Magistrate Mahmud Jibir, at Gidan Murtala, Kano metropolis, on charges of criminal conspiracy, Kidnapping, concealing / Keeping in confinement a Kidnapped Person and culpable homicide, contrary to section 97,274, 277, 221 of the penal code.
It would be recalled that Hanifa Abubakar was abducted on December 4th, 2021 on her way back from Islamiyya by her teacher and later killed after demanding for N6m ransom.
The police last week arrested the killer and accomplices.
Kano State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Musa Lawan pleaded with the court to grant them seven days for the counsels to properly prepare the charge file and also requested the accused be remanded in correctional centre.
After the charges were read to the accused they were later remanded in correctional facility as the matter was adjourned to February 2nd,2022.
- Gunmen kill DPO in Benue
- World Hijab Day: FOMWAN hails female Muslims for upholding Allah’s command
- JAMB apprehends 6 CBT operators in Kano State
- Kwara govt gives transformers to 11 communities
- Abia ADC suspends guber candidate, 3 others
- Atiku speaks on forming alliance with Kwankwaso, Peter Obi
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari