Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan and his deputy, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege, have condemned the heinous killings of worshippers by terrorists on Sunday at the St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo State.
Lawan, in a statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media, Ola Awoniyi described the callous attack on innocent worshippers as shocking and reprehensible.
“My heart goes out to the families of the victims, the government and the entire people of Ondo State.
“This incident should be painstakingly investigated to unravel the criminals behind it with a view to quickly bringing them to justice.
“It is another wake-up call on all security agencies to up their game with a view to averting the occurrence of such incidents in future,” he stated.
The Senate President prayed for the repose of the souls of those killed and wished the injured speedy recovery.
On his own, Omo-Agege described the Owo killings as a sacrilegious attack from enemies of Nigeria.
The deputy Senate President noted that it might be a calculated attempt to provoke a massive crisis in the country and therefore charged all security agencies to work together in investigating it.
In a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yomi Odunuga, he said that investigators must spread their tentacles beyond Nigeria in order to bring the assailants and their facilitators to justice.
“I commiserate deeply with His Excellency, Governor Akeredolu, the Catholic Church, families of innocent victims and the entire citizens of Ondo State over this unprecedented gruesome attack aimed towards shattering the peace of Nigeria.
“There is much more to the attack than what many can immediately see or understand; therefore, I join other well-meaning people in pleading that no one should contemplate reprisal attacks that will only affect innocent persons.
“If the aim of these terrorists and anarchists is to set us against one another across Nigeria, we must collectively remain firm in rejecting their nudging towards violence against one another.
“My deepest condolences go to the traditional ruler, chiefs, the people of Owo and families of all those affected during the criminal incident. May God and the hard work of our security agencies unmask the perpetrators of evil and all those associated with them,” Senator Omo-Agege stated.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister