Dr. Obadiah Mailafia has approached a High Court of Justice in Plateau State for the enforcement of his fundamental rights to personal liberty and fair hearing after being invited by the police.
It is speculated that the invitation of the former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria by the police may be connected to his previous appearance before the Department of State Services (DSS), over his claim of a Northern Governor being one of the leaders of Boko Haram.
Serving an update at a press conference on Monday August 24, Mailafia described the invitation as an intimidation, harassment, persecution and a witch hunt. He disclosed that he will be filing a lawsuit to challenge to invitation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Train attack victims: FG reveals details on alleged ransome paid
- AbdulRazaq greets Muslims, attends Kwara’s annual Maulid celebration
- Buhari presents N20.51trn 2023 budget to National Assembly
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday