By Nanchang Paul ,Jos
There was tension on Saturday at Sabon Gida community of Langtang South Local Government council of Plateau Council between the incumbent chairman, Hon Vincent Bulus Venman and the immediate past chairman of Langtang North, Hon Ubandoma Laven during the resettlement day celebration in the area.
Our correspondent reports that the clash eventually, snowballed in a free for all fight between rival political youths leaving several persons injured in the process.
It was gathered that the free for all fight started when the immediate past chairman of Langtang North Hon Ubandoma Laven stormed the venue of the occasion with hundreds of People’s Democratic Party PDP supporters .
Ubandoma Laven is a political God son of late Chief Solomon Lar, whose daughter Hon Beni Lar is the current member representing Langtang North/ Langtang South in the Federal house of representatives.
Mr Lanchang Timpil an eyewitness told our correspondent that this development did not go well with the supporters of the Chairman of Langtang South Hon Vincent Bulus Venman and a free for all fight broke out .
” This action suddenly created tension in the community, which resulted into a stampede between the youths ,leading to many people been injured .
According to him ,as I speak to you ,so many people are injured.
Another citizen of the state who called himself Titus said the violent clashes among suspected political thugs have increased in Langtang South in recent weeks .
Efforts to reach both the Chairman of Langtang South Hon Vincent Bulus Venman and the immediate past chairman of Langtang North Hon Ubandoma Laven before sending this report was abortive as their both phones were switched off.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92