The Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation Lafiya Dole has inflicted heavy casualties on Boko Haram terrorists in their hideouts at Alagarno and Sambisa Forest area of Borno, Defence Headquarters says.
Alagarno lies 150km from Maiduguri, the Borno capital.
The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, in a statement on Friday, said that a compound housing some high-value Boko Haram leaders was also taken out.
Enenche said the compound located on 2.3km North East of Kafa in Damboa local government area of Borno and concealed under thick vegetation was being used by the terrorists to coordinate their nefarious activities.
He said the destruction of the locations was achieved through multiple air strikes executed on Jan. 6 when the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) fighter jets and attack helicopters to engage the target areas in day and night raids.
According to him, the terrorists were spotted under the dense vegetation of the locations and the NAF attack aircraft took turns in engaging the targets, neutralizing several of them.
“The Armed Forces of Nigeria will not relent until all enemies of the Nation are neutralised and normalcy is restored to all troubled zones. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport