The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has restated the nation’s commitment to the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding, MoU recently signed with the Government of the Republic of the Gambia aimed at Fostering stronger Military Cooperation.
Magashi, in a statement issued by his on Media and Publicity, Mohammad Abdulkadri, stated this at the Ministry of Defence Headquarters Abuja while making clarifications on the MoU.
While analysing the various articles contained in the document, he described the areas captured in the document as a Win – Win implementable Military bilateral Cooperation.
He said the MoU which contains twenty articles reflects the principles of sovereignty and mutual respect with the Republic of the Gambia which is known to be enjoying internal peace and security and not fighting insurgency.
The Defence Minister described the Gambia as a dependable partner in the promotion of global peace and security.
Speaking further, Magashi noted that military cooperation specifically prioritised seven key areas of the article 4 of the MoU, stressing that it will facilitate transition of Military equipment, assistance in the procurement of hardwares.
Others, according to him include mutual exchange of observers and safeguarding of strategically classified operational information, education and training.
He therefore assured that both countries shall prepare bi – annual plans to drive the implimentation of the MoU.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy