Members of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, MACBAN, have asked President Bola Tinubu not to forget them in the ongoing appointments, saying they were even prepared to work as sweepers in Aso Rock, the seat of Federal Government.
The Southeast zonal leader of MACBAN, Allhaji Gidado Siddikki, said the call became necessary because cattle breeders across the country prayed and voted for the President during the February 25 presidential election.
Siddikki said: “We are demanding for appointments from Tinubu’s government. Even if it is as office sweepers, we are okay with it. All we want is for us to be part of the government at the centre.
“During the election, to my knowledge, my people voted for President Tinubu because his predecessor, President Muhammadu Buhari, told my people to vote for him and they all did so.
“We prayed, supported, endorsed and did everything politically possible to ensure his victory. So he should not abandoned us.
“In the appointments the President has made so far, no Miyetti Allah member is among, including the recently-screened ministerial nominees.
“In addition to the N8,000 proposed palliative and other benefits of the government, he should appoint us too, even as sweepers at the Presidential Villa.”
While commending the South-East governors for their continued support for the association in the region, Siddikki, the Miyetti Allah leader, appealed to governments at all levels to also fund the livestock sector, arguing that it might go into extinction if not properly funded.
- No plans to dump PDP, Samuel Ortom speaks
- (PHOTOS) NLC Protest: Mammoth crowd hit Abuja streets over hardship
- Oyebanji Unveils N12bn Economic Relief Programme
- (PHOTOS) Ex-Finance Minister, Okonjo-Iweala bags Timor Leste’s second highest national honour
- Kwara CP sues for peaceful demonstration ahead of planned protest (FULL STATEMENT)
- Nnamdi Kanu knows fate on fresh bail battle March 19
- Ex-DSP, Ekweremadu commends Nigerians for solidarity, prayers
- 16, 920 applicants jostle for UNILORIN’s admission
- 3 kids of same parents die of suffocation in Ilorin
- SERAP sues Wike, 36 govs ‘over failure to account for missing N40trn LGAs allocations’