Barely 24 hours after the burial of the victims of the military aircraft mishap, the Minister of Defence, Maj. Gen. Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd), on Sunday visited the widow of late Lt. Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, the Chief of Army who died in the unfortunate incidence, Mrs. Fati Attahiru.
The minister who was at the deceased’s Flag House at the Niger Barrack in Abuja said his visit was in swift response to mitigate what he called the excruciating psychological impact of the death of her husband whom he described as a heroe in the nation’s campaign to end insecurity.
In an obvious emotional laden mourning mood and tone the Minister while interacting with the bereaved assured them that the Federal Government will not forsake nor forget the family in the shared low moments and pains of the death of the Army boss who died gallantly serving the nation.
Magashi therefore onbehalf of the President and Commander-in-Chief of Armed Forces consoled Mrs. Fati Attahiru and the children of the late General that they should be strong in holding onto their faith believing that from Almighty Allah we came and to Him we shall all return at the destined times.
In the same vein the Minister also visited the family of the Late Brigadier General Olayinka where he was joined by the wife of the Vice president, Mrs. Dolapo Osinbajo who was there on the same mission.
The minister prayed to God to repose the souls of all the departed officers and the crew who lost their lives in plane crash.
A statement issued by the Minister’s spokesman, Mohammed Abdulkadri, confirmed that Gen. Magashi was accompanied on the condolence visits by the Chief of the Defence Staff, Chief of Naval Staff and the Chief of Air Staff respectively.
- SAD….34-year-old Sodiq Adebisi dies during football training
- 150 Days in Office: CDS, Gen. CG Musa: A Pragmatic silent achiever
- Ibadan-based herbalist, Ojuwoni Atakoro, one other remanded in Ilorin prison
- Proper use of national budget, critical to economic dev —Akpabio
- EFCC, DSS, NCoS bosses To Face Reps C’ttee Over Failed Attempt To Rearrest Emefiele
- Senator Hussaini sympathises with Kaduna people over misdirected bombing
- Senator Natasha seeks NCDMB, NAFDAC partnership on alternative medicine
- Senate gives NPA 48hrs ultimatum to produce unaccounted $1.8bn
- KWASACA seeks stakeholders’ support to end HIV/AIDS by 2030
- Kwara govt collaborates with NDLEA to fight drug abuse