Most Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, aspirants in today’s primary election will not have the opportunity to vote for themselves.
The final list of automatic delegates for today’s governorship primary election in Anambra State shows that aspirants running for the ticket of the party who have not held positions in the party, public office or even contested election in the party do not qualify as automatic delegates.
The list showed that a total of 229 delegates will participate in the election, while 21 persons with disabilities who were earlier added to the list were dropped.
A press statement by the National Organizing Secretary of the party, Col Austin Akobundu, stated that the reason for dropping persons with disabilities was because the state executive of the party which nominated them has been dissolved.
Akobundu’s statement showed that the number of delegates in the 21 local government areas of the state varies.
While Dunukofia Local Government Area has the least number of delegates, with just three persons, Awka South Local Government Area has the highest with 23 delegates.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)