Most PDP aspirants lose voting rights as party releases delegate list
Most Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, aspirants in today’s primary election will not have the opportunity to vote for themselves.
The final list of automatic delegates for today’s governorship primary election in Anambra State shows that aspirants running for the ticket of the party who have not held positions in the party, public office or even contested election in the party do not qualify as automatic delegates.
The list showed that a total of 229 delegates will participate in the election, while 21 persons with disabilities who were earlier added to the list were dropped.
A press statement by the National Organizing Secretary of the party, Col Austin Akobundu, stated that the reason for dropping persons with disabilities was because the state executive of the party which nominated them has been dissolved.
Akobundu’s statement showed that the number of delegates in the 21 local government areas of the state varies.
While Dunukofia Local Government Area has the least number of delegates, with just three persons, Awka South Local Government Area has the highest with 23 delegates.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Nigeria to launch two more satellites into space soon – Defence Agency
- NSCDC arrests 9 over alleged meter bypass in Osun
- INEC issues Certificate of Return to Zamfara gov-elect, deputy
- Osun Govt explains delay of civil servants’ March salaries
- Singer “Portable” cooling feet in police custody
- Interim Govt: DSS raising fake alarm, ploy to arrest opposition– Atiku
- Yul Edochie reports son’s death to Police for investigation
- Election: Nigerians in USA get permission to hold protest opposite White House
- Github fires its entire India engineering team, over 140 employees
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)