A 45-year-old commercial motorcyclist, Omotayo Oluwafemi, on Friday appeared in a an Iyaganku Magistrates’ Court in Ibadan for allegedly sexually assaulting a 10-year-old gorl.
The police charged Omotayo, whose address was given, with one count of sexual assault.
The Prosecution Counsel, Sgt . Segun Adegboye, told the court that Omotayo on Aug. 23, at 4.20 p.m. sexually assaulted a 10-year-old girl.
He alleged hat the defendant also exposed his private parts to the minor at Sode Arola , Apete, Ibadan.
Adegboye said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 360 of the Criminal Code Cap 38, Vol. II, Laws of Oyo State 2000.
The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charge.
Magistrate Oluwayemisi Enilolobo admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N50, 000, with one surety in like sum.
Enilolobo adjourned the case until Nov. 5, for hearing.
ROYAL NEWS reports that if Omotayo was found guilty of the charge , he was liable to two years imprisonment.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections