MURIC said this in a statement by its Director, Prof. Ishaq Akintola on Thursday in Abuja.
“The national leader of the Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, Pa Reuben Fasoranti, has endorsed Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the preferred presidential candidate for Nigeria’s 2023 presidential election.
“The highly respected Yoruba leader gave his blessings to Tinubu on Sunday, Oct. 30 when the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress visited him at his country home in Akure, Ondo State.
“MURIC commends Pa Reuben Fasoranti for his sportsmanship and broadmindedness. Pa Fasoranti’s name will be engraved in letters of gold for ignoring the illogical, irrational and inexplicable choice of Pa Ayo Adebanjo who declared support for Peter Obi of the Labour Party
“We advise Pa Adebanjo to reflect on the events surrounding the June 12, 1993 presidential election, the role of the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) in confronting military totalitarians and, in particular, the sterling quality of Bola Ahmed Tinubu among NADECO’s dramatis personae,” he said.
Akintola added: “A major significance of Pa Fasoranti’s endorsement of Tinubu is that it is capable of uniting the Yoruba people, as Muslims and Christians will now rally behind him in a united front.”
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children