Kwara State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed has directed the immediate release of N2billion to the 16 local government councils and SUBEB in the State.
This follows the receipt of N3.773billion on Monday evening from the Federal Government, being balance of the 25 per cent of the State’s claim as its share of the London-Paris club.
The State Commissioner for Finance, Alhaji Demola Banu, who disclosed this in Ilorin, noted that the State government’s account was credited around 5pm today.
Alhaji Banu explained that following the receipt of the money, Governor Ahmed, who personally coordinated efforts to secure the outstanding balance, directed the immediate release of additional N2billion out of the money to the 16 LGs and SUBEB to enable them clear parts of their salary and pension arrears.
He further disclosed that this brings to N3.4billion the total amount of money the State government has released to the LGs as their share of the London-Paris Club refund.
Alhaji Banu expressed optimism that the release of the N2b to the local councils will bring some succor to their workers, who are owed backlog of arrears.
It will be recalled that the State Government on Saturday announced that it was in the process of getting the Federal Ministry of Finance to process and release the balance of N3.7b this week.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment