The agency Director-General, Prof. Christiana Mojisola Adeyeye noted that her regime has brought sound infrastructure, equipment and a conducive work environment for staff and accessible office locations for stakeholders alike.
“At the time I assumed office, most of the NAFDAC Offices were situated in Federal Secretariates within the states or rented apartments which were not good enough for corporate image of the agency and in most cases difficult for MEMEs and other stakeholders to access.
“With the support of the presidency, National assembly and the NAFDAC Governing Council, we commenced the building of state offices across them country out of which seven (7) have been completed and we are now in them process of commissioning them. This is the second in the role of the commissioning exercise to the glory of God.”
To meet the mandate of the agency, NAFDAC boss said the management under her supervision had “embarked on a journey of strengthening the processes of the agency through the establishment, implementation, and continual improvement of the Quality Management System in NAFDAC has transitioned over the years to a robust platform for institutionalizing resourceful leadership , enhance-based decision-making, and engagement of a trained and competent workforce for effective customer-focused delivery of regulatory services.”
The agency also revealed that it made an achievement by attaining a maturity level 3 in the WHO Global Benchmarking Tools, placing the NAFDAC among the recognized regulatory agencies in the world.
“It is pertinent to state here that these huge achievements would not have been possible without a committed and dedicated workforce and a very supportive governing council,” the agency boss stated.
Prof. Adeyeye, while thanking the Kwara State Governor and its people for the support NAFDAC has enjoyed, vowed that the agency would not rest on its oars but work assiduously towards the attainment of Maturity level 4 and sustenance of its development strides.
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC