The Minority Leader, House of Representatives, Mr Ndudi Elumelu, has secured a return ticket as candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for a third term to represent the Federal Constituency.
The returning officer, Chief Funkekeme Solomon, declared Elumelu the winner of the contest for polling the highest number of votes in what he described as free, fair and transparent election.
According to Solomon, at the close of voting, 132 delegates were accredited, no void votes and all the votes were counted.
Speaking after his declaration as the winner, Elumelu assured his constituents of more robust representation and dividends of democracy.
He said though he emerged top in the primaries, there was no loser as it was a family affair and not a contest.
He expressed confidence that PDP would win the general elections without hitch in the state and at the centre.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus