The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji (Dr) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has rejoiced with Nigerians over the 63rd Independence Anniversary of nationhood stressing that peaceful co-existence is germane for national growth and development.
He also commended the Kwara State Governor, Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq CON for his quality leadership and appealed to Kwara residents to continue to pray for unity and harmony in the State and Nigeria at large.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari, in a statement issued by his spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, extolled the virtues of heroes such as the late Sardauna of Sokoto and Premier of Northern Region, Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Cheif Obafemi Awolowo among other nationalists who struggled vigorously for Nigeria to become a sovereign nation on 1st October 1960.
The Emir who described traditional institution as an integral part of national peace and security noted that the Kwara State Traditional Rulers Council will continue to support governments at all levels in other to sustain the peace and harmony in the state.
On behalf of the entire members of the Kwara State Traditional Rulers Council, Alhaji Sulu-Gambari however extended his heartfelt congratulations to the people of the State and Nigerians at large for this year’s Independence anniversary celebrations.
He therefore urged the people of Ilorin Emirate and beyond to continue to remain peaceful, prayerful and love each other and shun all acts capable of causing rancour in the society.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban