Mr Abdulrazaque Bello-Barkindo, the Head, Media and Public Affairs, NGF Secretariat, commiserated with the the government and people of the state in a statement on Sunday.
Bello-Barkindo said that the death of Bantex got to the forum secretariat as a rude shock.
He said the forum particularly condoled with the governor of the state, Malam Nasiru el-Rufai, who Bala served diligently during his first term in office between 2015 and 2019 until he resigned to contest in an election for the position of senator.
He said although Bala suffered a prolonged illness, he was a man the NGF secretariat held in very high esteem and wished he had recovered from an illness to continue the good work that he left the office of then deputy governor to pursue.
“Bantex was a good representative of Kaduna state with all its political complications, having led the people of Southern Kaduna in all representative and participatory capacities through the Local Government system and Constitution Review Committees, eventually becoming a deputy governor.
“In the words of el-Rufai, Bantex served his state with all sincerity apart from giving the much-desired hope to the downtrodden in the state.
“Bantex contributed fully to the debates at the NGF whenever he represented el-Rufai during which he displayed full comprehension of all the intricate issues at meetings.
“He would always give the Kaduna State Perspective to debates as if the governor himself were present,” Bello-Barkindo said.
He quoted the NGF Director-General Asishana Okauru as saying that the forum would miss Bantex’s deep and incisive interventions.
He prayed God to grant the family of the former deputy governor the fortitude to bear the “great loss as we all know how much they love him as theirs but also know that God loves him best.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment