The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) headquarters in Abuja was razed by fire on Sunday morning.
NIS disclosed this in a tweet via its Twitter handle on Sunday morning.
The Service said the fire affected some of the offices in the headquarters.
“A fire incident occurred in our Service Headquarters this Morning. It affected some of our Offices,” NIS tweeted.
“The fire has been put out by our Federal Fire Station & support from other agencies around the Airport.
“The cause of the fire is being investigated. We assure the public that the incident will not in any way affect the discharge of our services.”
- World cup riots break out after Morocco’s shock 2-0 win over Belgium
- UK Arrival: Some selected pictures of Emir of Ilorin
- Abuja-Kaduna Rail service starts in 7 days– FG
- Kwara govt. re-opens College of Education, Ilorin
- Dangote plans 300,000 fresh jobs for Nigerians
- Minister Okays Security Measures For Abuja/Kaduna Train Transport Scheme
- Adeleke freezes Osun bank accounts immediately after swearing-in
- Adekeke rename Osun after sworn in as sixth governor
- Nigeria to begin processing of raw gold, others — Minister
- Why we retained workers in Ajaokuta inspite not being fully operational — minister