In a statement on Saturday, Onyema Nwachukwu, Brigadier General, Director of Army Public Relations said, “Troops of 8 Division Nigerian Army (NA), while on a fighting patrol, came under fire of bandits operating along Mayanchi-Dogo Karfe and Fagantama villages in Talata Marafa LGA of Zamfara State.
“In the fierce encounter that ensued, the bandits were overwhelmed by the superior firepower of the troops.
“This led to scores of bandits being neutralized. The troops also recovered one PKT riffle, a large cache of ammunition, and a motorcycle,” the statement said.
According to the statement, “Relatedly, troops have neutralized 5 bandits in another encounter at Bingi village, in Bungudu LGA of Zamfara State. During the gun duel, the bandits withdrew in disarray having sustained severe gun shot wounds.
“The gallant troops recovered one AK-47 riffle, one motorcycle and 3 mobile phones from the routed criminals.
“While appreciating the combat resilience and renewed vigor of the troops, the Chief of Army Staff, Major General Faruk Yahaya urged them to sustain the aggressive posture in order to defeat all criminal elements operating in the North West and other parts of the country.
“He urged communities in the North West to support the troops with useful information at all times to enhance anti-banditry operations.”
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt